Auctions have been rapidly growing in popularity due to the increasing amount of television and public awareness directly related to auctions. Sellers are definitely choosing auction sales as the best way to sell!
Ten reasons to SELL at auction:
- Auctions allow seller to control date of sale.
- Auctions eliminate long-term carrying costs.
- Auctions reduce seller expenses.
- Auctions create competition via multiple buyers.
- Auction competition insures full market value.
- Merchandise is sold “as-is”; no repairs.
- Auctions eliminate unqualified buyers.
- Auctions enhance excitement and market appeal.
- Buyers purchase at same time and place.
- Auctions bring price UP – not DOWN!
Settling an Estate with valuable family assets can be a headache and emotional strain. Hiring a trustworthy professional, with the proper knowledge and training, can provide relief.
Ruth Ann Rowe, CES, holds the designation of Certified Estate Specialist, by the National Auctioneers Association Education Institute. She completed specialized, on-site coursework in all aspects of estate sales. Then put that knowledge to work by organizing real estate and personal property estate sales – while following through with legal and financial planners to settle Estates. Less than one-half of one-percent of all auction professionals throughout North America hold the CES Designation.
Don’t settle for less, call us for headache relief!
Ten reasons to BUY at auction:
- Buyer knows exact date and time of sale.
- Buyer knows seller is ready, willing and able to sell.
- Buyer is competing fairly with other buyers.
- Buyer controls the price – process is transparent.
- Transparency brings a greater chance of success.
- Terms and sale are known; binding on all parties.
- Not dictated by private negotiations or influence.
- Disclosures are available prior to date of sale.
- Attorney representation and closing dates are firm.
- Transfer is free-and-clear; keys at closing!
Real Property Auctions:
We can help sell your home quickly with no headaches.
- Our experts can help you determine the value of your real estate at auction.
- Selling at auction means a fast turnaround – no endless showings and bickering.
- Sell as is where you are…no contingencies
Selling a property through a real estate auction helps determine the true value of your property and brings serious buyers to your listing.
The 3 main types of Real Estate Property auctions are Minimum Bid, Published Reserve and Absolute Auctions.
A Minimum bid auction is the lowest bid, decided by the seller prior to the auction, that the auctioneer can accept for the property. Once the bid has been reached, the property will sell to the highest bidder.
A Published Reserve is the lowest amount the seller must sell the property at auction, however, the bidding can start where ever the auctioneer chooses. If the reserve is not met, the seller can accept, reject or counter the highest bid.
An Absolute auction is where the highest bidder acquires the property, regardless of the amount. There is no reserve price below where it will not be sold. Absolute Auctions tend to attract the highest interest, because the property WILL sell, no matter the price.
The seller’s obligation to honor a Minimum Bid or Published Reserve applies only to the auction. Before or after the auction the seller is under no such obligation.
Personal Property Auctions:
Many items fall under the category of personal property. It includes items old and new, big and small. You name it and it has probably been sold at an auction. We have sold many items at auction from fragile antiques to wood working machinery. We understand many times these sales are the result of a major life change and we bring sensitivity with us every step of the way.